Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Am a Prince

Have you ever dreamed of being a prince or a princess, living in a time of magnificent kingdoms and castles? I have....many times. I often believe I was born in the wrong era, that I should have been born in the age of kings and queens. I would have loved to live in a beautiful country full of forests, hills, mountains, rocks, and grass, with my kingdom in the middle of it all.

There is something magical about that time....something that draws me there. This is who I wish I could have been.....what I wish I could have had. I have the personality of a prince and a love for green lands and magnificent castles. If everything about me points to this lifestyle, then why wasn't I given that? Why am I stuck in a time where castles and kingdoms are a thing of the past? Why am I a simple city boy stuck in a crowded place and a time where all the beautiful land is being destroyed by industry? What happened? Why am I here?

The more I think of it, I begin to realize that all of this is not a thing of the past. This is my future. I am a prince, born of royal blood and disguised in a world that refuses to recognize who I truly am. My Father is a magnificent king who believes in me and wants me to one day rule by His side in His kingdom....and eventually become a king to rule a kingdom of my own. He has sent me here during this age because this world is where I will gain the knowledge required to become a king. While in this temporary home, if I can show my Father I am willing to follow every law and marry a true princess, He has already promised His kingdom and much more!

By Thomas Stanley, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment