Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Perfect Example

As I look into your big, brown eyes, I see love. How, I think, can one love so unconditionally? You watch me as if you love me, as if you will always protect me, as if you do not judge me. How, I think, can this be possible? Oh the questions I would ask if you could speak. How can you have such love for and devotion towards a human such as me?

As I observe you throughout our many days together, you play as if you have no worries. You sleep as if you have the most pleasant dreams. When you get punished, you so easily forgive. When you get hurt, you plead for my help and love. When you cause mischief, you have a glow in your eye as if your behavior is to be funny. When I get hurt or feel down, you cuddle up beside me, refusing to leave. You obey every order, never questioning.

Oh how I wish I could understand how you do it; how you remain so positive and unselfish in a world such as this. Can you really be so perfect?
As I gaze into your big, brown eyes, wishing I could speak to you and you to me, I suddenly realize that you already know how I feel and what I think.

I begin to understand that you are speaking to me, rather to my heart, through your actions. You are saying, “I Love you, care for you, watch you, forgive you, cuddle up to you when you are down, and do all those things you see me do. All I ask in return is that you love me, care for me, and of course play with me.”

As I look into your big, brown eyes, I begin to understand that I cannot have a more perfect example and companion.

Thomas Stanley, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment